Saturday, March 29, 2008

observation

On Friday I went to the Lexington Hearing and Speech Center to do my observation and I really really enjoyed it. I encourage anyone who is a deaf ed major (I believe there are two others besides myself in our class), or maybe if you aren't but are interested in seeing this to go and observe there! It is a preschool with a variety of students who have cochlear implants, hearing aids and some who just need help with speech. It is all oral and no signing takes place and I have never seen that before. It was really eye opening and I really enjoyed observing there. The whole day they focus on the students developing speech and language so it goes great with this specific SED class as well!

1 comment:

Rachael M. said...

Thanks for the info. I too am a deaf education major and this seems like something that would definately be worth my time to go visit!
thanks again!
rachael m