Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daily Dozen

As the semester is winding down and you tend to become overwhelemed I encourage you to consider these dozen tips for each day...
  • Take one day at a time.
  • Pray
  • Eat right.
  • Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
  • Talk less; listen more.
  • Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
  • Find time to be alone, jot down thoughts and inspirations.
  • Spend time with someone you love
  • Laugh, find at least a few minutes to relax and have fun.
  • Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
  • Go to bed on time and get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
  • Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.

9 comments:

Leslie B said...

These are good suggestions. I don't know about everyone else but if I don't have at least one good laugh a day I think I would go crazy. Unfortunately I usually wind up laughing at myself. i try to space things out too that seems to help. like this project I knew was coming up, I went ahead and did the sample and transcription as soon as I had the opportunity and now I am ready for the analysis part. I think it helps to work on little parts at a time as you have the chance.

heather20 said...

Those are great ideas. The end of the semester is so stressful and feels so rushed. If it wasn't for a laugh or alone time I'd go nuts.

michaela said...

good luck everyone! deep breaths we are almost done!

Melissa said...

Thank you Mrs. White! I needed that! ;)

carolyn said...

Those are some great suggestions. It seems that have everything at the end of the semester and there is enough time in the day to finish I need to get done. I try to remember it's only 3 weeks till this sememser is finish!!!!

jessica said...

We, as humans, take so much for granted and we miss so much because we won't slow down long enough to enjoy life. So thank you, Mrs. White for these wonderful suggestions!!!! Hopefully we can all use them!

Cathy White said...

I've recently learned that life is short and we have no guarantees on anything. We should make the most of every day knowing that each one is a GIFT.

ashley smith said...

This time in the semester is always hard. As college students we have other drama's outside of school family, friends and money...money,money,money!! These little notes, make you stop and smile!! :) thanks

Keisha said...

I really needed these suggestions. I have been so stressed and it was a good reminder just to take a step back and stop worrying so much. Hope the rest of the semester goes well for everyone!!!